Thursday, January 15, 2009

OK I'll Admit It!

I am here to say out loud that I am having a pity party for myself today. Yes it sounds even worse out loud. I, in the grand scheme of things, have nothing but a blessed life. But do you ever just have one of those days when its seems nothing makes you happy? Today is that day for me. Maybe it's the cold, or the ever reliable excuse of hormones, Ha! I think I've used that card before! My dear children seem to be in a funk too. Maybe I influenced them, maybe they sucked me into their slump. Which ever the case, we must all get out!!! So I laid them down, which at first didn't help my mood since they are trying to revolt against my ever loved nap time. I knew this day would come but all at the same time.....I'm not ready for that. So I decide to embrace the new phase of life and tell them they must rest and stay quite!!! This way I still get a little down time to do whatever, even if it is just doing laundry in peace!!





It was in this peace that I got some pictures uploaded and in doing so found my smile!! I love my family. I love pictures, they freeze for us memories that otherwise might get lost.








The next three pic are of Marshall's new pet! Yes he has a pet snail. He found it in our yard and so far it seems to like a few scrapsof fruit, leaves, and a bit of water. Talk about a free pet! At first I was kind of grossed out and Daddy still does not like to see it, but we both love Marshall's face when he takes care of it. After we decided that he could stay with the family, the boys and I did some research to learn about snails. We discovered that a snail can live up to 15 years...... sounds hardy enough. Lets see how we do, so far so good. I have posted a few pics, as per Marshall's request. If bugs bug you scroll fast then the pictures you really want to see are next.


























I present to you Lighting Boy!!!






Look at this face.



I love this smirk










Like I said I am finally getting caught up, so here are the fun times we had on New Year's Day. We hiked for 3miles and had fun most of the time. Here and some of the best shots.





Marshall finds a stick on every hike we go on even if we just walk around the block! We are starting to think we should get him a real walking stick that won't put an eye out!!




Parker is starting to love cameras and taking pictures of things. He tells us he is going to make movies!







Carson is my rock man. He thinks they are so pretty! He held these in his hand for a long time and then said they were too heavy but would not leave them behind, so he put them in his pocket. They almost pulled his pants down! Yes we still have them, they're part of Lightning Boy's new home!








These kids have no fear to find out where this trail will lead them.











This my dear friends, this is what makes me smile!!!!! It is my family that makes me smile, and a little venting to you, that keeps it all in perspective.






So off I go to stir my gumbo, take the cookies out of the oven, and cuddle up with my kiddos while we wait for daddy to come home and build us a fire. (Yes I can do it but I like it better when he makes its for me!! I know I'm spoiled.)








2 comments:

  1. I love the name lightning boy! So cute! And you have a gorgeous family!!! You are blessed, but yes, we all have days where we are in a slump! Gumbo - Sounds SO Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are happening in your neck of the woods! Glad you found your smile!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete