Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

Wow one more year and I'll be in my thirties!!! I don't say this as if it were bad, actually I will finally be where I have always pictured myself. I can remember dreaming of being thirty something, being a wife, and a mommy. Well here I am just where I wanted to be. I really do love every minute of it. I don't always love it ever minute, but I can truly say I love every minute.

This year will prove to be a busy one filled with wonderful memories. On New Years Eve after church, we went to a party with friends from church. Had yummy food and fun chatting with friends who had been away for what felt like forever. Then we went to some friends from the work side and had a quiet evening playing games, and laughing at the little ones. Parker stayed up till we got home just before 2 a.m. but the other two, bless their hearts, passed out about an hour before the new year came. Then after getting up very late for us we ate breakfast and set out to go hike around the lake. We had a fun afternoon, the trail we took led us 3 miles before it put us out on a street no where near our car. OK well what is your definition of near, we called our dear friend Doug who came and drove us the last 2.5 miles to our car! Needless to say we all slept well that night, not all of us my poor dear of a husband got called out and came home at 10 the next morning. But he bounces back fast and after sleeping he woke up to be the daddy that plays rough and hugs soft, I love this man. We like to ask the boys their favorite and least favorite parts of the day. The answers are always fun to hear but when it is my turn almost always my favorite part is getting to see daddy come home and us all play together.

Speaking of playing, Marshall is wanting to try other sports. Carson can't stand it that he is not old enough for organized soccer. Parker still likes tae-kwon-do. They all want swim lessons, and I feel that really falls into a "life lesson must" category, so here we go. I have enjoyed a few days off school but come Monday here we go again. Parker needed a break too. I still asked him random math facts and had him help me measure things but he didn't feel like it was school. My love will have to go back to the Mon-Fri stuff again, so I will really miss having him around all day, and four day weekends.

I have pledged to myself to take a vow of yell-ibacy. Not that I was ever a angry woman with rage issues, but I would be guilty of yelling from room to room and raising my voice to be heard over the craziness of life, but I am trying really hard to make them listen not just hear. It's been about a month, so far so good we'll see.

After seeing the health troubles of friends and family, already just three days into the year, I feel so blessed. I thank God for his goodness. As a couple we are trying to be the partners and parents that God would have us to be. That in itself is a wild journey. Late one night a few days ago the kids where in bed, and we were up finishing the nightly routine of dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, etc... and it had been a especially trying day. While we were going about getting the last of the days demands finished, I felt the need to confess to someone my latest struggle and who better than the love of my life. Now that I have shared with him I will share with you. Parker is officially out of my area of expertise. He is still my wonderful son but I am having to learn with him now, and until this point I have really felt empowered as a mother. I do well with the 4 and under crowd. I even did just fine for year five. But it seems as if we have hit a wall. I feel like I am walking on egg shells more often than not when it comes to him. I don't want to crush his spirits, but if I correct him he shuts down. If I tell him to do something, no matter how simple it may, be he bows up. The moments that we are both really just relaxed seem few and far between. I know he is of an age that he needs to find where he stands but wow. Like I said in past post if you have advice I would love to hear your thoughts.

On that note I must go, there is laundry that needs to get folded and a birthday party that needs to be planned, a dishwasher to be run, and sleep. I may procrastinate but tomorrow will come so sleep is a must. Good night dear friends, happy dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Best wishes on your yell-ibicy commitment. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete