Sunday, December 28, 2008

Are We There Yet?

OK I know that the only reason most of you look here is to see pics of my wonderful little monsters. But I'm too lazy to get them on right now, so deal. OK really I will get some soon I know that I have made several posts without them but it just hasn't been real high on the to-do list.

Christmas morning was great the kids were so much fun they are really at great ages where there is a lot of magic about Christmas. Parker was the first one up and he came in the loving room still half asleep and saw me sitting on the couch, which freaked him out because I am usually still in bed at the crack of dawn but for this day I was up early and he late, go figure! When he woke up enough to remember it was Christmas he looks over to see the goodies Santa has left by the fire place and runs back to his room screaming "Marshall, Carson, Get up Santa came, You got a blue one, you got a green one, and I got a red one. Come on get up come see." The above were light sabers that they asked Santa for. They also got Buzz Lightyear light up shoes and BIG pencils scooby doo movies and to Parker's surprise... "Santa brought us Sugar?!!?" OK People you know I don't keep them from junk but it's nice to know that they see this as a treat, by the way "sugar" is candy. We opened gifts and I fixed our yummy Chicken and Biscuits and gravy then played, played played. They got so many games and more movies and wonderful clothes. Like I said before they fall in the over privileged category. Nanno was wonderful to us to. It felt odd with out Grandad and Boppie but It was fun to open the gifts they sent.
Thank you mom for telling us to wait till Christmas.

We all piled up to watch a movie and I got lunch together. Nothing big just brisket, mashed taters, and asparagus. But it was yummy. We got things cleaned up and packed for our mommy and daddy present. Instead of gifts for one another we went away for 2 nights. We had a great time we didn't go far but Gruene (you say it green) was fun for us. We got there about 7 Christmas night and the only things open were IHOP and Burger King which was fine but our waitress at IHOP quit in the middle of her shift! We really got a much nicer girl so good for us. Then Friday we walked all day finding treasure in all the little shops. We got to go see a movie and then had a wonderful dinner at the Gruene River Grill. We stayed up late watching stupid people hurt themselves and attack others all to save the whales! I don't know who is worse, us for been pulled in like a bug to light or them. OK it's them but some times its fun to watch stupid people and say "do you see how dumb they are?" We got home late Saturday afternoon, then the whole lot of us went to see Bedtime Stories. It was great I really enjoyed watching them watch it. Now here we are less than a week from a new year, where we will get to do it all over again only it's as if we have to move up to the next level. I some times wish we could just do this one again now we know what we're doing and know where the "secret" passages and extra points are. But no we go one to the next level, it will be harder. It will have new fun surprises. We will probably have to take turns trying to get it right, and one thing I have learned is while there is no Cheat Book, it is very helpful to find some one who has completed this level before! OK enough video game analogy, my real goals for this next year are 1) To keep my head in the book to get the book in my head. God is Great and because he lives I can face tomorrow. 2) To let my light shine brighter than ever. So I can continue to teach my children what this life is really about. Getting to the next one.

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy the pictures but I also enjoy hearing about your life. It looks like you had a very merry Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful new year also!

    Love-
    Emily Kaye

    ReplyDelete