Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What Have I Done?

OK first let me give you and update on little Jadon Davis. He has had a few good days and they hope to take his breathing tube out tomorrow. Praise be to God for the strength that little Mr. Jadon has. I finally got a link to his web page, if you want to read full updates on him here is the link, http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jadondavis. You will have to put in a little info to read the whole thing but it is amazing to see the strength that the whole family has. I thank you for your prayers on the behave of the Davis family. Please continue to pray for all of them.


Now, I'm sure you are wondering what I meant by this title. Well I messed up big time. I let my little ones help me in loading the dishwasher, and this time I shouldn't have. Really it's my fault for not moving the stupid thing to the top. I left my scrubbing brush on the bottom rack, I thought I checked to see if it would move around during the wash. It felt secure enough, but now I know it was not. Around 11:30 last night my dear protector of a husband jumped out of bed and said "Do you smell smoke?" I jumped up and we run to find our dishwasher finishing up and a smell coming from it. I pull open the door and smoke filled the air. My knight in shining armour pulled out what used to me my scrub brush. At this point it was still smoking. Thank goodness everything was wet when the process started or it might have been a lot worse. I have tried several different settings, and run vinegar through it to try to eliminate the smells, but there is still just enough plastic somewhere to make it smell really bad to the point I have a headache now.


Trying to be helpful my sweet husband said "Well do you want a new dish washer for your birthday?" To which I replied "No I don't want to spend that kind of money." The dishes I can do by hand, but it ruined all the cups that were in there, and maybe some of the dishes. Talk about an expensive dumb mistake. Here is a picture of the culprit, go ahead and laugh. I did last night but now I'm just seeing dollar signs everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment